Polynesian Adventure Tours - Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour
The Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour captures the most exciting attractions that Kauai has to offer including the celebrated "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" as well as a trek up the Wailua River and a journey to the Fern Grotto where you’ll witness an unforgettable version of "The Hawaiian Wedding Song." Kauai Land Tours are carried out on comfy air-conditioned mini-buses and are escorted by experienced, friendly guides. (Comfortable walking shoes and a sweater are recommended.)
On this Kauai Tour, you’ll be able to see the Wailua River, the Waimea Canyon, and the majestic Hanapepe Valley. You’ll also visit historic old Koloa where sugar production began in Hawaii as well as the Spouting Horn Blowhole on the south shore.
There are many other stops and attractions along the way of the Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour including Queen Victoria’s profile, the Poipu Resorts, Nawiliwili Harbor, Russian Fort, Birth Stone, Coco Palms Grove, and Opaekaa Falls.
You and your tour group will make a stop for lunch at Lihue Restaurant or Poipu Grill and Bar. Do note that the cost of lunch is not included in the price of this Kauai Land Tour. The stop location is also subject to change.
Transportation and Pick-up Time: Roundtrip transportation from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu hotels. The length of this tour is approx. 9.5 hours long from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu. Pickup is approx. 7:30 am but the exact time of pickup will be emailed to you depending on where you are staying.
Route/Stops along the way:
- Spectacular Waimea Canyon
- Fern Grotto
- Captain Cook's Landing
- Wailua River Boat Cruise
- Spouting Horn
- Opaekaa Falls
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
Old Koloa Town
Spouting Horn Park
- Where and When:
- Princeville pick-ups: You will be picked up by a smaller bus between 7:00 - 7:15 am and transferred to the larger tour bus once reaching the central/southern side of the island. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Lihue, Wailua and Poipu pick-ups: You will be picked up between 7:30 - 9:00 am depending on hotel location. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Returns at approximately 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Due to the elevation of Waimea Canyon, you are not permitted to go to the canyon if you have been scuba diving within the last 24 hours.
- Special Notes:
- Exact pick-up time from hotel will be emailed to you.
- Operation Days:
- 9-11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Mini bus has room for 25 passengers. Large bus has room for 52 passengers. Depending on how many people booked this tour, you will travel in either a mini bus or large bus.
- Air-conditioned tour bus