Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
MONTHLY CALL IN SPECIAL
Please call to place your reservation for Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau and you will receive an additional $9 off per adult on an additional activity. Must book another activity with Smith's Luau to receive additional discount.
You can reserve,
through Kauai Activities Discount, the Smith's Garden Luau Show Only Option! Show
only option does not offer Junior pricing.
Smith’s Tropical Paradise Luau takes place along the Wailua River and has been giving guests the opportunity to enjoy live entertainment for years as the oldest luau in Kauai. This is your chance to enjoy all that Smith’s Tropical Luau has to offer including their International Pageant and the most delicious Hawaiian cuisine around including poi, Kalua pig, and more. The Smiths Luau in Kauai is held three nights each week at the beautiful Wailua River State Park. This is one of many Hawaii Activities that’s fun for the whole family and offered through Kauai Activities Discount. With Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau, you might just get the chance to participate in a hula lesson onstage! Smith’s Tropical Luau provides you with a night full of excitement and laughs; later in the night, you’ll be able to enjoy live entertainment in the stunning torch-lit Lagoon Amphitheatre as dancers from various Polynesian group perform for your pleasure. Smiths Luau in Kauai is one of the Hawaii Activities offered through Kauai Activities Discount that you should not miss out on.
The mesmerizing presentation of the Smith’s Tropical Paradise Luau ceremony starts with the customary blowing of the conch shell and exciting torch lighting. Then Pele, Goddess of Fire and Volcano, dramatically materializes out of the darkness from the top of a lava-flowing mountain to share her tale. Later, Smith's Tropical Luau gives you a chance to observe dances that acknowledge and respect all the Golden People of Hawaii including native dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Philippines, Samoa, and New Zealand.
Smiths Luau in Kauai menu choice include: poi, garden green salad, bean salad, kalua pig, oriental fried rice, teriyaki beef, sweet sour mahi mahi, abodo chicken, namasu salad, fresh fruits, lomi salmon, and much more.
The Imu ceremony for Smith's Tropical Luau starts at 5:45pm.
Cocktails and music begin at 6:15pm and include beer, mai tais, wine, soft drinks, and standard bar drinks.
The Kauai Luau starts at 6:15pm and ends at 9:00pm.
The International Pageant starts at 7:45pm at the Lagoon Amphitheatre.
When you’re booking your Hawaii Activities through Kauai Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Kauai Luaus and the Smith’s Tropical Luau.
Smith's Luau Menu:
- Kauai Grown Green Salad with Papaya Seed Dressing (V, Vegan, GF)
- Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad (V)
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad with Chopped Clams (GF)
- Lomilomi Salmon: Tomato, Onion, Salted Salmon (GF)
- Hanalei Poi (V, Vegan, GF)
- Fresh Breads: Hawaiian Sweet Bread, Guava Bread, Pineapple Bread (V)
- Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potatoes (V, Vegan, GF)
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Mashed Potatoes (V, GF)
- Stir Fried Vegetables (V, GF)
- Sweet & Sour Mahimahi
- Kalua Pig (GF)
- Chicken Adobo
- Teriyaki Beef
- Coconut Cake (V)
- Haupia: Coconut Milk Pudding (V, Vegan, GF)
- Imu Baked Rice Pudding (V, GF)
- Fruit Jello (GF)
V=Vegetarian; Vegan; GF=Gluten Free
- Maui Tai Punch
- Kona Longboard Beer
- Chardonnay and Cabernet Wines
- Standard Liquor Bar: Vodka, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Whiskey
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mist Twist
- Guava, Pineapple and Orange Juices
- Hawaiian Fruit Punch
- Smith’s Tropical Paradise Garden Luau is one of Kauai’s best known and favorite Hawaiian luaus
- Shell lei greeting
- Take a narrated tram tour or enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens
- Witness the traditional imu ceremony – learn about the old Hawaiian cooking method where kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked in an earthen imu oven
- Enjoy the traditional luau dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies
- Dinner is followed by a spectacular luau show
- Includes drinks from an open bar