Outfitters Kauai - Kipu Zipline Safari
With Zipline Safari Tour from Outfitters Kauai and Kauai Activities Discount, you’ll be able to experience everything that Kauai has to offer! You and your friends or family will enjoy Kauai Activities such as kayaking, hiking, zipping, a hayride across Kipu Ranch, rope swings, and a ride on a motorized canoe. The Safari Zipline tour begins with a 2 mile kayak adventure on the Hule'ia River. Next enjoy a hike through pristine tropical paradise of Kauai. Next you will jump on the wagon and take in the scenery of Kipu Ranch. See sights from the movies Jurassic Park and Raiders of the Lost Ark. You will be served a delicious picnic lunch. After lunch get ready for the exciting Kauai ziplines! Zipline past the Haupu Mountains and treetops on the 800' zip line. Traverse a rain forest valley on the Outfitters Kauai suspension bridge. Walk through a hand carved tunnel made by Kipu Ranch paniolos over a century ago. The 1800' tandem zipline allows for double the fun and excitement as you zip with a friend! You will be "in flight" for over a quarter mile - 90 seconds of air time! Finally cool off at the secluded wet and wild blue pool and experience the water zipline line. Hold on to the T-bar, step off, zip over beautiful waters, let go and make a splash! The adventure ends with a short walk back to the riverside, then relax as Hawaii style motorized canoes take you back. (Kipu Falls is not included in this new tour.) *Those who do not zipline will be transported by wagon to the hiking trailheads.
- Fun downwind kayak trip on the Huleia River
- Short walk to a beautiful area of waterfalls and swimming holes
where you can swing like Tarzan into a pristine freshwater pool
- Covered wagon ride across Kipu Ranch
- Visit a waterfall for a swim there
- Option of swinging on ropes tied to tree branches high above mountain pools
- Fun river cruise on board of a motorized Hawaiian canoe
Kipu Zipline Safari
- Where and When:
- Guests staying at Poipu area or west side resorts check in at Outfitters Kauai in Poipu at 7:15 am (or 10:00 am on Thursdays). Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time. View Map for Outfitters Kauai in Poipu
Guests from east side or north shore resorts check in at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor at 8:00 am (or 10:45 am on Thursdays). Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time. View Map for Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack
- Maximum zipline weight is 275 lbs. Minimum zipline age is 7.
- Minimum zipline age is 7. Younger kids are welcome to take the tour, but will not be able to zip. Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure younger kids can get along terrain or carrying them.
Maximum zipline weight is 275 pounds.
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles over uneven terrain and paddle in a tandem kayak for 60-90 minutes.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Bring shorts, a swimsuit, T-shirt, footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions (ex.: aqua socks with tread or sport-type sandals with heel straps), windbreaker or light rain coat, sunscreen, mosquito repellant, hat, and a waterproof camera. All of these items can be purchased at the Outfitters Kauai shop in Poipu. You must be able to walk two miles and kayak for 60-90 minutes in order to participate in this adventure. You must be 7 years old to participate in the zipline portion of the tour.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday.
Monday through Wednesday, Friday & Saturday tours are normally at the 7:15am/8:00am time.
Thursday tours are usually at the 10:00am/10:45am time.
- Approx. 8 hours
- Outfitters Kauai