Outfitters Kauai - Paddle Jungle Stream on Wailua River
During the archetypal Kauai Kayaking tour with Outfitters Kauai, you’ll be able to explore the Wailua River. This is a striking, tranquil jungle stream, and your tour group will enjoy paddling deep into the middle of the island to the shadow of Mount Wai'ale'ale. After your relaxed downwind paddle, you’ll take a brisk one mile hike to see an enchanting 130 foot waterfall.
Following is a tasty picnic lunch followed by a fun hike back down to the kayaks for some more Kauai Kayaking!
If you're interested in experience a workout, this Kauai Tour is perfect! The Wailua River is a paradise filled with lush scenery including swimming holes and exotic and native botanical wonders.
Food and drink : Outfitters Kauai will provide a great lunch for you during your Kauai Kayaking activity including your choice of a Mediterranean Veggie Wrap (feta cheese, tomato, lettuce, hummus, cucumber, and kalamata olives in a tortilla) or a Turkey Watercress Wrap (watercress cream cheese, smoked turkey, cucumber, sprouts, black olives, onion, and tomato in a tortilla). Lunch is served with a chocolate chip cookie and pasta salad. Cold beverages will be available to you throughout the Kauai Tour.
When you’re planning your Kauai Tours and Kauai Activities through Kauai Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Kauai Kayaking down the Wailua River offered by Outfitters Kauai!
- Kayak up the Wailua River all the way to the shadow of Mt. Wai'ale'ale
- Glide past jungle landscapes on Hawaii’s largest tropical river
- Paddle through Wailua River State Park deep into the rainforest
- Land your kayak and hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites
- See a gorgeous 100-foot waterfall
- Delicious lunch (see below)
Your choice of :
- Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey, Watercress,
Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black Olives in
a Tortilla OR
- Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
Paddle Jungle Stream
Wailua River Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: Check in at 7:45 am (return at 3:00 pm)
Afternoon tour: Check in at 11:00 am (return at 6:00 pm). This tour is offered seasonally during the summer months only.
Guests staying in the Poipu area or at west side resorts will check in at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
Guests staying at east side or north shore resorts, we will email you pick-up/meeting place information.
Driving directions from the East/North Shore:
Go south on HWY 56. Cross the Wailua River and make an immediate right into the Wailua Marina/Smith's Tropical Paradise. Follow that road back to the Smith's Tropical Paradise (past the Wailua Marina). Park in the single lined paved car spaces to the right of the Smith's Tropical Paradise entrance, not in the bus sized or handicapped spaces. Please wait at your car for the Outfitters Kauai van to pick you up.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 275 lbs (125 kg).
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles of rugged trail and kayak for 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- This tour leads through the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. For something that's a lot of fun and a good bit less rigorous, check out Outfitters Kauai's Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Outfitters Kauai